CCAR Special REALTOR Membership Meeting - WIN $1000
Friday, January 28, 2022 (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM) (CST)
You Could Win $1,000: Join CCAR’s Zoom Special REALTOR Membership Meeting January 28
Dear CCAR REALTOR® Member,
There will be a Special REALTOR® Membership Meeting held via Zoom on Friday, January 28, 2022 from 10-11 a.m. You must register by 5 p.m. the day before to attend the meeting.
Once registered, you will receive the Zoom meeting link the night before the meeting.
The purpose of the meeting is to update you on CCAR’s new Education and Events Center and to vote on an increase to the total construction project expense.* At the end of the meeting, all REALTOR® members will cast their vote regarding the increase, and then we will draw one lucky $1,000 prize winner.
- Have a working web camera.
- Enter the meeting by 9:45 a.m. so that your identity can be confirmed prior to the meeting start time of 10 a.m.
- Be visible on screen for the entirety of the Zoom meeting – including during the vote and prize drawing.
- Do not be a driver or a passenger in a vehicle during the entirety of the Zoom meeting.
- Do not make or take phone calls during the entirety of the Zoom meeting.
- Ask a question or make comments by only using the chat feature within Zoom.
- Cast a vote regarding the increase in the construction project.
If you have questions about the Special REALTOR® Membership Meeting, please contact Mary Leidy, CEO, at 972-618-3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Per CCAR Bylaws, only primary and secondary REALTOR® members of CCAR are allowed to participate in the meeting and vote on the increase in the construction project.
*The vote will be to increase the total construction project expense amount, including furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE), up to $5.5 million and to use reserves to pay for the additional $1.5 million as recommended by the Building and Budget & Finance Committees.
- A Design Advisory Group was formed consisting of the builder, architect, CCAR Building Committee Chair and Vice Chair, President, staff directors, and other representatives with the builder and architect firms.
- The Design Advisory Group met nearly every-other week for four (4) months.
- The building size increased by 3,500 square feet to accommodate the association’s needs for continued membership growth. The meeting space, additional restrooms, lounge area, covered outdoor patio, and storage make up the additional square footage.
- The cost of the Fixtures, Furniture, and Equipment (FF&E) have increased.
- The Building Committee met on December 21, 2021 and approved to recommend to the Board of Directors, to request the membership’s approval to increase the total construction project expense amount, including FF&E, up to $5.5 million.
- On December 29, 2021, the Budget and Finance Committee approved using up to $1.5 million in reserves, upon membership approval, to pay for the CCAR Education and Events Center construction, FF&E, and additional expenses. The loan amount at $3.5 million with a payment not to exceed $18,500, will remain the same as previously approved.
- On July 22, 2021 the membership approved the construction project as recommended by the Building Committee, Budget and Finance Committee, and previously approved by the Board of Directors, which will obligate CCAR for a total amount not to exceed $4 million, with monthly debt service payments not to exceed $18,500 per month, with such other terms, conditions, and details as may be further approved by the Board of Directors, and/or any committees or subcommittees created or appointed by the Board of Directors.
To review answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the construction project and the increase in expense, please visit: www.ccar.net/construction-updates