The purpose of the Nominating Committee is:
- To interview all qualified candidates for Officer and Director positions submitted by the Credentialing Committee.
- To provide a list and score of each “recommended” candidate to the Board of the Directors.
The qualifications of the five (5) non-Board of Directors to serve on CCAR’s Nominating Committee are:
- Shall be an active REALTOR® Member of the Collin County Association of REALTORS® in good standing for 24 months immediately preceding his or her service on the Nominating Committee.
- Shall be an active voting member of a CCAR committee within 24 months immediately preceding his/her service on the Nominating Committee.
- Must have attended a Regional, State, or National Conference or Meeting within five (5) years immediately preceding his or her service on the Nominating Committee.
- Nominating Committee Members shall not be eligible as nominees for an Association Director or Officer position while serving on the Committee. Members of the Nominating Committee, including Alternates, may not resign from the committee and subsequently be nominated to a Director or Officer position.
- Must not have served on the Nominating Committee the prior year. This does not pertain to those who served as an Alternate the prior year.
The duties and responsibilities of the Nominating Committee are:
- The Nominating Committee Facilitator, committee members, alternates, and the non-voting staff person will have an organizational meeting the afternoon before the interviews to review the Nominating Committee’s responsibilities and to receive qualified candidates’ application materials. The Certificate of Qualifications form will be presented at the organizational meeting and will be completed by each member of the Nominating Committee. Should a member of the Nominating Committee have a conflict with a candidate, that member shall agree to step down and not serve on the Nominating Committee and an alternate will replace them.
- The Nominating Committee interviews only qualified candidates as presented by the Credentialing Committee. During the interviews, the Facilitator is responsible for asking the questions to the candidates. All interviews will occur within the two (2) business days (Monday-Friday) prior to the April Board of Directors meeting (if the Board of Directors does not meet in April, action will coincide with the next scheduled meeting).
- After all interviews have been completed, the Nominating Committee creates a scorecard on each candidate to determine if the candidate is “recommended” or “not recommended.” There can be more or less recommended candidates than the number of open positions.
- The Nominating Committee and all interviewed candidates are invited to attend the April Board of Directors meeting. The Nominating Committee Facilitator will serve as the spokesperson at the April Board of Directors meeting to provide rationale for the committee’s recommendations. Note: If the Board of Directors does not meet in April, actions will coincide with the next scheduled meeting.
Oops. This form is no longer accepting responses
We're sorry but this form/survey is no longer accepting responses. If you have questions or believe this is an error, please contact us.
Collin County Association of REALTORS®
6821 Coit Road Plano, Plano, TX